hwntime
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx_Rufus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
They're the same part, BMW just charges you more to have it installed it at the port, before delivery.

It is a bitch to install; I broke like 3 titanium drill bits trying to penetrate the clutch and brake pedals, the gas was plastic, so that was pretty easy..

If I had to do it again, I would pay the dealer the extra money to install that one particular mod at the port..
Wow, thanks! That was very helpful. I don't mind doing my own work, but drilling through a brake pedal on my brand new car doesn't sound fun, especially given the contortions you would have to do to get to it. I do like the idea that the screws are functional and they're not just a slip on
Drilling the pedals isn't a big deal. They are literally flat metal plates with rubber covers. Even if you drilled them like Swiss cheese, the pedal cover would cover it up. There's no chance of damaging anything like wires because there's literally nothing attached or near them. And if you decide to remove the pedal covers, the OEM rubber cover would totally hide everything and you wouldn't be able to tell that any modification was done.
Appreciate 0