View Single Post
      08-04-2005, 08:38 AM   #2
jrct9454
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Considering E91 Wa

OK - but did a tire pressure change actually cure the pulling? Shouldn't that be the answer to your question?

I'm always a little stunned at tire shops and car dealers who are often giving advice that contradicts the factory. Tire pressures are, within reason, something you can fool with to satisfy individual tastes [better handling at the expense of ride, for example], but there is no earthly reason to run the fronts at 36 psi "because of Houston's heat". Do it because you like the quicker turn-in and are willing to bear the slight ride penalty - what has heat got to do with it? Extra pressure to deal with heat is only relevant if you were planning to sustain speeds in excess of 100 mph for several hours at a time. Good luck anywhere in this country on that one...

MB recommends 28 / 32 in our C240, mostly to provide a better ride and insure that the car, if fully loaded, won't oversteer too much. I find that 32 all round seems like a good choice, since I rarely carry anybody in the back seat, and this minimizes understeer. Much over that, and the ride starts to suffer - all depends on what you want.
Appreciate 0