Thread: Screen Bubbles
View Single Post
      01-03-2021, 01:59 PM   #20
BimmerBlake
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i

Garage List
You know the dealership is trying to say that my car which is still under bumper to bumper warranty mind you is not qualified for a replacement because this is considered cosmetic. Let me explain as to why this isn’t cosmetic. During the manufacturing process the laminate that was used was not put on properly which is why you are seeing people with these issues. I’ve seen cars that are 10 years old with screen that have had 0 issues! This is a 3 1/2 year old car! Could have been the quality of laminate a bad batch of glue either way this will eventually get worse and obstruct you’re view of the screen. They should be replacing them without question! This isn’t something I have done to it. It happened because it’s a manufacture defect! Interestingly enough people seemed to be having luck getting them replaced by BMW at a certain point. Until they realized they messed up and decided to cut the cost of replacing them and calling it a “cosmetic” issue therefore avoiding having to replace it in their shady bumper to bumper warranty. The dealership had the audacity to offer me 50% off the screen! Only 1800 dollars LMAO! Awesome BMW Long Beach! I have reached out to BMW NA we will see how this goes. It’s not about the cost of the screen it’s about doing the right thing. Companies are constantly doing things like this and I’m getting sick of it!
Appreciate 1
MLJR235116.50