View Single Post
      02-09-2019, 10:04 AM   #1
SPDER
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Advice on tuning my 2016 M235

Hey guys!

I just got my CPO 2016 M235 with 20,000km last week. I love this car especially the Xdrive in our Canadian winters and roads. That being said I came from a 400whp MK7 GTI and I'm definitely looking for more power.

I've already ordered a 5" FMIC, 4" decatted downpipe and a chargepipe. I've also done quiet a few forums researches and basic research on the tune that I want. I've narrowed it down to 2 possible options and I think the answer is clear that the BM3 is far superior than the JB4.

I have an extended premium warranty unlimited mileage or 8 more years and I paid a hefty price tag for it. But honestly, it was the sales rep who recommended it and sold me on it!

My car is already equipped with the MPE. Now the only reason I am leaning towards the BM3 is mainly for the blurble tune and just reading on how responsive the BM3 is vs. the JB4.

I know JB4 isn't a mickey mouse company and they are still very capable devices to increase power.

I need some honest opinions and people with experience possibly with both to fully sell me on one or the other. Also what are the horsepower/torque numbers like?

And just to mention, my good buddy is the head manager at the parts/mechanic department and said he would take care of me if I did have infact a warranty claim, but he still mentioned that the BM3 would possibly get flagged before the JB4 would.

If I tend to still go with the BM3, does the motor and tranny support it? Is it reliable with a FBO setup? What problems can I be facing in terms of failing parts?

People with the JB4 running this setup, how is it? Is it responsive, does it tend to have some hiccups if its not fine tuned by someone at BMS?

I just need to be sold 110% before I proceed going forward.

EDIT: Someone also told me to use a JB4 with the MHD tune added? Thoughts?

Last edited by SPDER; 02-09-2019 at 10:11 AM..
Appreciate 0