01-18-2017, 12:28 PM   #10
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by x233 View Post
I don't think this has ever been mentioned before but it may be useful.

A lot of folks complain about excessive wear of the outside of the front tires which is due to the lack on negative camber on the stock car that cannot be adjusted.
As a result those looking to change that either
a) use m3/m4 front LCAs which gives a fixed increase of about 1º of negative camber but also moves the front wheel forward which may result in clearance issues, and
b) use third-party camber plates, which is a way to go if track is your thing, but that results in NVH and some loss of comfort, and wheel alignment may be more complicated than some would be willing to accept.

There is, though, a different way to get both a moderate increase in negative camber and making it adjustable using OEM parts.

First, our cars can be fitted with 3 different OEM steering knuckles.

In addition to what our cars come with from factory there are 2 optional OEM steering knuckles that can give us either a fixed -30 min of camber or +30 min of camber. We, of course, are interested in the ones that make camber half a degree more negative.

For M235i the part numbers are:
31216853651 (L)
31216853652 (R)
According realoem, both the above are fitted as standard to M135i

Quote:
Pivot bearing, camber correction, left -30MIN 1 31216853651
Important!
Swivel bearing for camber correction -
30 min. is
installed as standard equipment on the
M135i.
Whilst the above note is not repeated in Realoem on m235i, M140i or M240i, I'd imagine the -30min swivel hub carriers are stad fit to these cars. FYI Mx35i front geo is different from less models with m-sport suspension due to, IMO, this and lower ride height than regular m sport F2x cars.

Current '22 X3M LCI..

Last edited by Bee Pee; 04-13-2017 at 04:51 PM..
Appreciate 0