View Single Post
      02-02-2022, 12:58 PM   #4
HogFan760
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 m240I

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAY-OS View Post
Hello HogFan. Did TechnicPnp get back to you? Does anyone have any ideas? I am in the same boat. 2014 M235i, HK HiFi (S674), plan to install a JL 12inch sub and an amp. Thanks!

===============
Edit:
TechnicPnp just replied to my email. Here's what they said:
Standard (50W) LOC is used mostly for a one sub-amp install; the Premium (100W with gain control) LOC is mostly used for multi-amps installs that require additional gain control.
If you are installing a single amp, then you may choose the Standard LOC.

hope this helps.
I got this one: HiFi (676)/HK (674) add-a-sub harness/LOC - 50W LOC

It’s super easy to install and works like a charm. Just note that the signal coming out of the one that I got is already crossed over. So if you can turn off your amps crossover, then do that. Or, turn up the crossover to something like 150 or higher and you’ll get all of those frequencies. When I first hooked it up and setup my crossover to ~90hz, my bass was almost non-existent. Turning up the crossover to on my amp made it much better.

What you like and what I like may be different. I found that anything on my crossover over 150 sounded muddy. As it is, I could probably go a little lower to clean it up.

Another bad thing, the deck lid will rattle. I installed a remote bass knob for my JL setup and can turn down the bass. It rattles bad at some frequencies and doesn’t at others. It’s weird. I’m going to wait until it’s warmer outside and fiddle with the rear deck to figure out what is rattling.
Appreciate 0