07-12-2018, 01:57 PM   #66
NOT2DAY
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Yes, on the OEM MPSS 245/35R18 tires with the Alutec wheels, I did do full lock test going forward at 10 to 15 mph, in and out of my driveway (forward and back), going up and down my driveways curb and with the suspension full compression (wheels turned and also wheels mostly straight), and driving at normal speeds of up to 35mph with typical turns and bumps. I did not get any rubbing. I also checked the inner fender panel clearance with the wheels at lock and the car at static height. I did not see anything the tires could touch when the wheels were at static lock or where I'd estimate the wheels would go at full upward travel. Keep in mind I did not drive the car aggressively with the 245s up front so I can't confirm there might be a rub issue under extreme driving with the wheels turned. I don't see how it would be possible, but I can't confirm for sure given my limited testing. With that said, I'm not concerned about running the 245s upfront and will be doing so this coming spring for sure.
Appreciate the thoughtful response!
Appreciate 0