11-27-2017, 04:29 PM   #48
BodegaBay
New BMW Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahyarv14 View Post
I'm slightly hesitant to get these since I can't find much info on Alutec anywhere. My worry is the wheels having vibration/ride quality degradation compared to the OEM wheels.
That's probably because their main business is OEM with small line-up for aftermarket. Like other mfgs such as Borbet or Rial, Alutec (alutec.de) is more known in Europe. TireRack has a description of the company on their website. It says Alutec has ISO 9001:2000 certification which is not an easy thing to get in manufacturing.

Look at some of their aftermaket wheels, they are variations of the OEM designs for Audi and BMW.

Anyways, thanks to XutvJet and Quantumn for turning me to these wheels. Short of BBS CH-R or CI-R, I couldn't find one that looked "right" until now. I test fitted three other wheels designs (there is a TR distribution center in my city) and these finally made me happy. I had TR mount these with MPSS and have driven on them for three weeks now. The MPSS were a bit squirly at the beginning but getting better with break in miles. I appreciated TireRack using black wheel weights to hide in the black wheel barrel.

There is zero negative effect IME using these wheels. I've used various aftermarket wheels on last 20 years and these Alutec Drive and ASA AR1 are the closest wheels I've ever come across to being built like OEM spec in terms of weight, low pressure casting, certification, fitment, and finish. Zero vibrations and that clear coat finish is strong (as XutvJet alluded to)! The wheels are hubcentric to BMW 72.56mm hubs without need of centering rings. They weigh ~23.5lbs nearly same as factory 24lbs. Unless you load them with stiffer and heavier tires, they're should be no degradation to ride quality. You can't get any better than these if you were looking for something OEM+.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0