View Single Post
      07-26-2021, 12:04 PM   #1
ChiefSif
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M240 xDrive

xHP Flashtool Explained

Hi!

So this may be silly, but I know absolutely nothing about xHP and wanted to learn more. So at what point do you use a xHP transmission tune? I plan to be stage 2 in the near future (1-2 weeks) Is it beneficial to use xHP? what are the prerequisites?

On their Instagram it says that the "BMW M240ix of steven_wedgeperformance with a 8HP70 transmission swap and xHP STG3. Running the transmission together with the B58 engine is enabled through custom mapping done by xHP. On build B58 cars the 8HP50 trans quickly starts to develop issues between 650 and 750 NM while the 8HP75 can hold this torque easily."

And when asked how much they responded saying "From our side it's normal price, as we included that combination as standard car (B58/8HP70) in xHP. The swap itself of course depends on how much you can do yourself, cost for sourcing 8HP70 trans etc."

^What does this mean?!

Everything sounds like rocket science to me at the moment with xHP. Once again this is my first BMW (m240) so I know nothing and I am trying to learn each and every day. Thanks for all the knowledge!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0