View Single Post
      10-14-2019, 01:09 PM   #31
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

There is a known fault, I'm told up until late '16 or early '17 - inadequate ground wire that eventually burns out/melts. Multiple solutions - initially they soldered in a second ground wire harness to your original housing, then they started replacing the units with the newer, better units. If you have this done, take a good look to be sure they don't botch the install - they did on mine, pulled the weather-stripping gasket back so the upper/inner corner was obviously loose and left a 3mm hole for water to get in. They also seem to 'forget' to offer both at once, so I've made 3 trips now to finally get it all updated. The water-entry is a separate known fault/issue, but probably throw's similar codes once things start shorting out.

There is a post here about the factory 'fix' (adding the wiring harness), but try to pressure the dealership to give you two new housings, especially if you are under warranty. If you have to DIY, it is a fairly simple thing, you won't really need a new housing or harness. Info is here: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...ess/1VnZ8zZX2B
Appreciate 1