View Single Post
      08-29-2018, 04:12 PM   #35
jaye944
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a

Hey man,
Txs for the input, that "REALLY" does help alot.

It's the 1st car I've seen in hunting, so really I wanted to

1> actually go see and drive the car myself
2> get a quote on trade-in (more useful)

The comments again where from my 1st time experience.

That said, I've heard BMW horror stories in a similar vein to Audi one's you've listed, of course you personal experience, is very good to hear.

TXS for taking the time to reply

appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Sounds familiar....we got taken in at Audi by the smooth/cool sales performance, nice car, etc., etc., and all that vanishes after the sale when all the electronic gremlins start to appear and the brakes warp and the trans can't shift smoothly and the answer is "they all do that", and then Audi of America refuses to stand behind its warranty (it wasn't worth going to court) and has the tech alter the repair order to support their desired outcome. Cutting our losses, we dumped a 2.5 year old $60k+ A6. For the final insult, Audi dealer's used car offer was a lowball; a different brand dealer offered a higher price. Now, we have 4 different models from BMW AG (2 of them Minis) and all is better than very well...the cars' performance and quality have been excellent. We are now NEVER AGAIN for anything VW/Audi. Don't fall for a pretty face. Good luck.
Appreciate 0