United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 Dark Graphite M5C

Garage List
2023 M5C  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizz81 View Post
Hilariously true.

I recently purchased a CT5V Blackwing and couldn't be happier. The car is a monster. There is torque everywhere no matter the gear you're in.

I bought the car in Texas and drove it back to California. Spent 1500 miles getting familiar with it and man was it a blast. Every time I started it up I giggled. I love sitting in the car and feeling the car shimmy.
The manual is sooo smooth and shifts effortlessly.
Acceleration is mind-blowing. I had to consciously monitor my speed because I found myself going a bit faster than I expected. I've since gotten familiar with the engine noise/RPM's so it's much easier to feel what speed I'm at.
The Magnetic ride is amazing. Driving across 3 states was EASY.
Mine has the upgraded semi-aniline seats with the carbon fiber backs. Between the suspension and the seats I literally never get tired or fatigued sitting or driving. It's insanely comfy.
Steering is precise and like every other car, you can adjust how much steering feel you want.
Mine has CCB's and these things are ridiculously good at stopping this car. Great pedal feel, I can modulate stopping the car so easily. You can adjust how much pedal feel you want as well, which is nice because at the lowest setting, it's nice and easy but you switch to track mode and it'll rip your face off when you press the brake pedal.

No car is perfect, no matter what anyone says. The car definitely has some faults.

The car is tail-happy but that's expected with the power numbers. This is tail-happy but because of a suspension, E-LSD, and PTM, it's super predictable. I've gotten the back end to step out a few times and each time I'm like "Oh that's what I figured it would do" not "Oh shit well that was scary"
My 18 M4ZCP was super tail happy and it scared the shit out of me because I couldn't tell what it was going to do and it did it at the most random of times.

Gas mileage sucks unless you're cruising on the highway. Around town you're going to get shitty mpg, but those miles are all very enjoyable lol. I don't expect this to get hybrid mpg, I know what I have and already wrapped my mind around the mpg long before I bought this. The pictures I include show what I started at and ended at with my drive from Texas to California. Pretty much 80mph consistent the whole way.

Switching between drive modes can be annoying because there is a graphical dance each time you hit the button. Doesn't affect me much as I usually either have "My Mode" selected or I hit the V button (basically my settings turned up a few notches). What does annoy me is when I switch out of V mode, it defaults back to "Tour" mode and then I have to switch to My Mode. That is annoying. I wish I could change that somehow, maybe when they get a tuner figured out, it'll be available (like bimmercode).

I've owned this car a little over a two weeks now and I've put just shy of 2500 miles on it. She mostly sits in the garage unless I have to make a run to the store or I want to drive her. Which is proving a difficult thing not to do. Honestly it's addicting.

Attached the spec sheet and a pic just for fun.
Beautiful car! That's exactly the same spec I was trying to order back in 2021 - 2022 when I was on the waiting list for an allocation. Same colors and options. Unfortunately, GM was having a hard time getting carbon fiber at the time, and allocations with the carbon fiber options were rare. After waiting for almost a year, I decided to look at BMW. I ordered my '23 M5C and had it within 3 months or so. About 6 months ago, my co-worker let me drive his 5BW and it was fun and the exhaust note is amazing. However, I feel the M5 is in a different class, and I am very glad I got the M5. Not trying to take away from the BW, because the BW is still an amazing car.
I see that your BW is a '22, was it used or are you the first owner?
Appreciate 1
dizz81374.00