09-17-2021, 06:11 PM   #58
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435i MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAY-OS View Post
Yes. That is correct. Kinda like a mini spacer. And yes, bmw suggests elsewhere but my mechanic said otherwise. But it works! Still have no sound. If u already bought the friction plates, might as well try to put it between the wheel and outer brake area (like a spacer). The ticking/clicking noise in ur video clip sounds like mine. Good luck and let us know if it works for u.
Took the wheel off tonight so I could sand the surfaces down on the outer brake hub, then place the second friction plate between the brake disc and 10mm spacer.

When I went to break the tension on the wheel nuts it clicked! So now I'm wondering if it is related to the wheel nuts, they're definitely not too long but I suppose it could also be me creating this so called "microscopic disc movement" when putting pressure on the bolts.

The noise has once again gone now since reinstalling the wheel, but I can only imagine it will be back soon