View Single Post
      08-08-2021, 05:16 PM   #3
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas00x View Post
The balance of the car with the square setup and camber on the front is so much more enjoyable to drive! This is how the car should come from the factory!

Also, despite the minimal clearance to the shock, I didn't see any signs of the front tires rubbing on the shock body, so should be good there.

SoloStorm data had lateral G's topping out in the 1.1-1.2 range (It's just using the phone accelerometer, so take that with a grain of salt).
1) Agreed; an LSD would have been nice, too!

2) The tire will move away from the front strut under load, so you usually don't get rubbing at speed that you didn't have at rest.

3) To produce accurate results, stand alone accelerometers are meant to be mounted at the car's center of gravity. To get close to that point, the instrument is frequently mounted somewhere on the transmission tunnel.

Looking at SoloStorm documentation, it has a calibration procedure for mobile devices; did you use that procedure to calibrate the software?

It would be interesting to hear from Petrel Data what the margin of error is in the result produced by a mobile device calibrated using their procedure. (I have no idea if it's a little or a lot – just curious is all.)
Appreciate 0