View Single Post
      04-03-2020, 12:12 PM   #18
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post
(I am trying soooo hard to not say "Ok boomer" hahaha!)
This explains so much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post
In fact nothing is more fun than RWD/DCT on a track, but then you get an M2C for more or less the same you'd pay for a decked out AWD M240i convertible.

However if convertible is the base, then you won't be tracking it. You get an M204i AWD/AT to terrorize suburbia. One. Stop. Light. At. A. Time.
To the OP: We now realize we have input from a nuance-free group member who puts all in the world into two buckets:

1)Best ever/Amazing!
2)Hated it

No wonder the advocacy is for the all-or-none approach, devoid of appreciation for adding a notable degree of fun and enjoyment to daily driving life. There is another path to which you may be more open. The approach I have suggested for consideration (for a like-minded non-tracking, non-drifting, non-stoplight racer) is for maximizing daily driving enjoyment as you commute, go out for pleasure, etc. It is not necessary to have a separate qualified track car, nor equip for the most sedating experience among 2 Series possible...there is a middle ground for maximizing enjoyable time spent. This was actually the underlying premise of the original BMW 2002, the spiritual predecessor of the 2 Series.

Of course, with your location listing no more specific than the country, we don't know if winter climate and hilly terrain will play a role in your decision, which would change the calculus.

Good luck sorting through the various points of view. Enjoy your decision and new car, whatever it may be.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 2
Moflow2484.50
Jashue190.50