View Single Post
      10-11-2017, 12:00 PM   #12
keylime503
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT, Audi A4 Avant

Tracking and Redelivery

I dropped off the car in Zurich on July 25th. Using the W&W ship schedules for Bremerhaven -> Port Hueneme here, I knew that the W&W ship options coming up were leaving on August 1st and August 10th. My car missed the August 1st ship but made it on the W&W Toscana leaving August 10th and arriving in California on September 7th. I was able to see this from W&W’s cargo tracker (using the full VIN as the Cargo ID) here as soon as August 7th.

Tracking the boat was fun, every day or so I’d go to vesselfinder.com and see where the ship was. I managed to have some downtime at work at the exact moment the Toscana was transiting the final locks of the Panama Canal and was able to get this awesome screenshot from the canal webcam:

And after the ship had been lowered from Atlantic to Pacific sea level:

The car was unloaded at Port Hueneme on September 7th as expected. It was released from customs on the 11th and then released to the trucking company on the 15th. Finally on September 19th the car made it to the dealership lot in SoCal and was ready for pickup the next night!

So in the end, it took 8 weeks and 2 days to get my car back, not bad for west coast delivery, dropping off outside of Munich (supposed to delay an extra week), and the potential for ED cars to get held up in U.S. customs.

Planned projects:
Black kidney grills
M performance diffuser
Dry carbon fiber interior trim (M2-style, not a fan of alcantara)
Stainless steel pedals (ebay)
Carbon fiber mirror caps (ebay)
35% 3M Colorstable tint

Last edited by keylime503; 10-12-2017 at 01:09 PM..
Appreciate 1
cb460.00