ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertebra View Post
I don't understand half of these comments. True driver's car? Why? Because of the new body style? BMW's electric steering still pales in comparison to hydraulic and it's competitors. No special suspension bits. Still no rear differential. While the N55 is a great reliable engine it still cant outperform a tuned N54. If you want a compact true driver's car you missed the boat, the 1M blows this away.
An inconvenient and unfortunate truth right there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertebra View Post
No duh, what exactly makes it close to the 1M? Engine? Suspension? Steering? The 135i closer to the 1M and it still isn't even close. This is a nice replacement to the 135i and 135is but to call it a true drivers car is ridiculous.
While I love the 1M, there is very little that makes it better than a 135i on the street... in fact nearly nothing. You get the same engine and manual tranny... the better suspension bits and LSD on the street do little to nothing for you. Tires, weight distribution and driven wheels are the biggest determinant in street handling... everything else takes track time to figure out and see big differences in. The electric vs hydraulic steering, N55 motor and that 8 speed tranny with too many gears will be this new car's downfall. Now if there was an M2 with a DCT, hydraulic steering and S55...
The 1M was a bastardized way to a M-Car and should really have been called a M135i rather than what they ended up calling it.

Unique and produced in low numbers but it was really a M Performance Car with a illogical name.

I myself pasted on my first place spot and have no regrets considering the way it was built was just robbing the parts bin of the M3 and nothing else.

This new car is exciting, but hardly as exciting as the M2's arrival.
Appreciate 0