View Single Post
      04-04-2020, 08:22 PM   #42
cooolone2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 20' M240iX B58, 01' 330XI E46

Ok, person preference ays so much into perception of what is better/best.

I was ready to go M2, all out stick, etc. But really wanted a daily that skirted the same performance. Enter the M240...

Love love love manual... But went AWD and really there's no buyers remorse, or any regret. It's a rocket, and quite frankly, is more car than driving U.S. roads allow (legally). But that's what I wanted. If I wanted more, a track car, the M2 would have been perfect. I feel it's a bit much for the street. Not to put it down in any way shape or form!

The M240 is "FUN" nowhere to hide from that statement. The AWD allows for a slight edge as noted largely due to human error and reflex not being able to perform as quick as a computer, lol. Either way you'll be happy!

As for handling and weight, understeer, etc... Is all possible to adjust and correct. Lower control arms for non Xdrive, Camber Plates accomplish the same for Xdrive. Wasn't aware the LSD is swappable for the Xdrive, lol, something maybe worth looking into. But as noted, can disable the stability control if you want to feel like a rwd, lol

Bottom line is get what you want, drive it like you stole it, have fun!
Appreciate 1
BimBimM21486.00