View Single Post
      05-11-2018, 07:35 AM   #43
capt_and
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
My experience has been that chairs are like helmets - you need to try them on to see what fits you best, and one brand's products will usually stand out from the rest. The challenge can be finding a convenient place to try on a number brands' products at the same time.
Absolutely. It is nice to have somewhere that has a bunch of seats installed into several race cars that I could try out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Great looking seats. Did you look into trying to add another 8" of height to that rollbar, or otherwise rehab it? from the pics, it looks like that might put it right, if they let you weld in a spacer (and fix it to the chassis better).
I measured and it looks like another 5" will align the bar with the holes. StudioRSR shot me a message and said that they would send me a new bar that would actually work. In the mean time, the shop I used mentioned digitizing the interior of the car so that they could design the roll bar and roll cage system on CAD - doing so would guarantee consistent results in manufacturing. Sounds compelling...

Instagram: @Capt_and

Last edited by capt_and; 04-17-2020 at 09:24 AM..
Appreciate 0