View Single Post
      05-07-2018, 09:28 AM   #33
capt_and
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxp213 View Post
Nice thread! Sounds like you're progressing along rather quickly. Glad to see you're spending more time at the tracks, and even better that you're relatively local to me so I can check out your set up one of these days.

Brembos are nicknamed Brownbos for a reason; All of their calipers are very quick to discolor. I baked the crap out of mine on my Z to the point where they not only discolored, but the paint bubbled/blistered.

What was your lap time at ECR? Are you datalogging at all, or have videos?
Very interesting about the Brembos. I had no idea and thought it was a BMW thing. Come to think of it, my friend's 6 pot brembos on his sti turned colors on him too. I am waiting for the AIM Solo 2 DL to come in so all I am using is the M Performance Lap Timer that is built into the car. That was the first time I have driven ECR and did a 2:07. Not the best but I am content with the time since I never drove the track before that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDemma View Post
I think there is a one part that you could get that would solve all these issues ...
By the time all's said and done, I will still have less into the car vs buying the M2 comp. But, economics aside, I am having a great time building this car and wouldn't have it any other way. I have another car that is even better out of the box than the M2 but the running costs are too high so it never gets the same amount of track time as the m240i.

Instagram: @Capt_and

Last edited by capt_and; 05-07-2018 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 1
Dylan861330.00