View Single Post
      04-24-2018, 11:00 AM   #27
capt_and
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
Very impressive with the 265 square setup. Too bad they didn't have the Anthracite... I'd like to see how that color looks on a 240
The anthracite would look pretty similar to the BC Forged wheels I have. Having black isn't a huge deal since I plan on powder coating them Mexico Blue or Yas Marina Blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K8_M235i View Post
I kind of like the color of the calipers now! Looks different and has a cool(actually very hot) story behind it.
They are in an awkward stage right now, I don't dig the brown. But, I am excited to see what color they go to next! It seems like it should all be ok, the reason for the color change is because of the paint. The only sign of damage is the dust boots on the pistons disintegrating from the heat. But, repairing/replacing wouldn't do anything since they'll crumble again after a few sessions. Not having them isn't a big deal, the only thing is that brake flush and bleed will need to be performed more frequently. Since I already have that done once every few months, it shouldn't be a big deal.

I looked into getting a big brake kit but it looks like there are few options out there made for track duty. Most kits still have the rubber dust boot - the exception being Essex AP Racing and Stoptech Trophy R. The Essex calipers are ideal since they are a true racing caliper but they don't have any solutions for F series yet. If anybody reading this is in the NC area, they will offer a sizable discount to use your car for one day to measure and then another half day to test fit the prototype.

Coming up next week: Racetech 4009W seats, StudioRSR roll bar, Shroth harnesses, and maybe come brake ducts.

The purpose of this build is to do as little as possible to make the car as fast as possible. Racing and tracking is expensive enough with just consumables, maintenance, and repairs, the last thing we want to do is overspend on mods that don't add that much value to lap times. Once I am to the point where I am faster than the car, I will add more to it. The other aspect to keep in consideration is that I planning to compete and need to stay within certain class restrictions.

Instagram: @Capt_and
Appreciate 1
Dylan861330.00