View Single Post
      12-17-2019, 12:59 PM   #19
Mullins
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i EB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark184 View Post
Note- I also have the HK kit installed in my 2016 F23. Installation was fairly straightforward, noting that I had the two additional wires (green and black) noted on some of the YouTube videos-- they are noted as digital feeds. They needed to be moved from the original harness block and moved to the Carlink block. Other than that, plug and play. For me, there was room for the module directly beneath the head unit, but it was indeed tricky to sneak everything back in with the additional wire harness blocks.

I also had the dropout on the wireless option. I notified the seller, and they sent me a link to a firmware update that significantly helped. Still a bit of dropout every now and then, but not too bad, and if I'm on a longer trip, it's worth plugging into the USB plug from the module, for charge and audio input.

Overall, I'm very impressed with this module. I will be adding a rear camera as soon as I receive it.

Yup, had to move the optical cables over. I did get the "advanced" software from the seller, which unlocked some microphone options which after playing around did kill most of the feedback people were hearing on the other end of the call. It did seem to reduce some of the audio drop out. I have noticed that the Siri voice for Nav/Texting, etc, is rather quiet and does not seem independently adjustable from the music volume, not sure how to fix that yet.
Appreciate 0