View Single Post
      06-02-2019, 09:23 AM   #5
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifobd View Post
17M240 ~12kmi. No recent changes, but roughly 3 times in the last 2 weeks shortly after startup, CEL will light and codes 104301 (absolute pressure sensor, intake manifold) & 101F01 throttle angle. Only happens during startup, never while driving. No recent changes to the car. Have dinan midpipe and bluespark.

Any ideas what to look for, what could be causing?
I had the Dinan Stage 1 installed and started to get a CEL (I believe it was 101F01. Dealer smoked the manifold for leaks and found none. Told me the code was clearing when they checked.

Mine would appear on start-up (mostly) and also while driving a short distance. It would clear after 3 restarts (not one after another, but during a normal day, stop for gas, then groceries, then something else and the code would clear). Code would appear after another three restarts.

I've since started driving my car w/ the shift level set to M/S (pulled towards me while driving). Car maintains higher RPMs in the mode making it more responsive to the throttle and I've not seen a CEL in the last two months of driving. Don't know what's different about this than setting to normal drive position, but it's something you can try. It could be the ECU senses the D/S mode being engaged and anticipates a different manifold pressure and doesn't throw a CEL. Hell I don't know.

The CEL has never affected my car's performance. Mine is a 2017 also
Appreciate 0