View Single Post
      07-31-2020, 08:42 AM   #8
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

I love the ZF in my 2'er. I cannot imagine any automatic transmission performing better. Admittedly, I have not driven a car with a DCT for any length of time (only test drives), and did not notice anything appreciably better with the DCT. It's my understanding (from forums and articles) that a DCT isn't the best choice for around town commuting compared to ZF's and others due to it's jerkier/rougher performance in everyday use.

I traded my 2015 C7 in for the 2'er only because the A8 automatic transmission was so horrible. It was jerky and would surge when coming to a stop making me not want to drive the car. GM was fighting that problem across their product line w/ A8 autos. The ZF was stellar in comparison.

I was all in with the DCT when I first read about them and thought they would be a great transmission to have in my daily driver. But after experiencing the ZF, it smooth performance, hard shifts under power, engine braking when rolling to a stop light and their proven durability, I not sure I can do better?

Last edited by USA-RET; 08-01-2020 at 10:16 AM..
Appreciate 0