View Single Post
      11-23-2019, 06:38 PM   #1
elmike
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i xDrive

Broken Rubber fuel Door Plunger

2Addicts,

I need help. I injured my 228 today and I am having a hard time finding some resources to help me ID the part I need to replace and maybe a DIY on how to remove and replace. I can't imagine I'm the only person but you guys are the 2-series experts!

The little rubber bumper was broken as I drove away while the gas pump nozzle was still connected. Everything else is fine but the rubber bumper is broken in two pieces towards the tip of the rubber bumper. At first I thought it was going to be this part (Fuel Pocket Bumper - BMW (51-17-7-257-780)) but since the stick that is inside the bumper seems to originate from inside the car I am clueless as to what part I might need to replace. The diagram images of the part only show the rubber part and no "stick" on the back end of the rubber to it which is the actual part I broke. Please help this guy restore my bimmer to 100% health.

Any help or pointer would be most appreciated.

(Sorry: I posted this in the in another the DIY and Coding Discussions section but I think it this might be a better location? Sorry in advance.)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0