View Single Post
      10-14-2021, 07:22 PM   #1
leonardoB
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

New 228 owner with 2 irritations

Hello all, I have had a poke around the site for answers but there are two glaring questions I have. I just purchased a BMW 228i and I absolutely freakin love it! Reminds me of my 135 that I had 10 years ago! Anyways apart from loving the styling, shape and such there are two severe irritations that I have with the car.

1. The headlights, I hate HID. I let it go in this situation because the car I got was such an amazing deal that I had to do it. My first question is what is the best option to make the lights look better? I see so many options on Amazon that I am a little lost. My hope is to get an LED / Xenon bulb vs complete replacement of the headlights as there are so many other things that I am going to do with this car that I don't need the expense. Anyone have a suggestion so that the lights can look more like the halo's / Angel eyes? If there is a bulb that can get it close to that look, what are your recommendations?

2. The bluetooth audio. I can't actually believe this as Im typing this but in what world should you be able to connect your phone for voice calls but not audio / music? This is crazy! Im a person that has to play music where and whenever I drive and I hate radio. I know that I could do an AUX cable but the steering controls do not function and the titles do not come up. I have seen a bluetooth module you can buy and connect to but they all seem to have mixed reviews? Is there anything better I can buy?

I love this car way more than I thought I even would so even these two things could not have put me off but they are extreme irritations. I had a Mercedes E350 previous to this (same model year) and it was fully loaded so I think the fact that I had all of these things is what is the most irritating. Anyways, any help is greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0