View Single Post
      02-11-2017, 09:55 AM   #2
AlexM240i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnell B58 View Post
After much back and forth over whether to do a muffler delete or just delete both resonators, I opted for the resonator delete. The M240i has two resonators, while I think (though I could be wrong) the M235i only has one. I had a local shop remove both and weld straight pipe in place for $140 total. It's essentially the same thing as a non-resonated midpipe but less expensive.

I love the result. The car is maybe 15-20% louder when accelerating at all RPMs, but there is no drone. It's loud enough so you can finally hear the exhaust, but not loud enough so as to be obnoxious. The exhaust also sounds just a little more "raw" in a good way.

I also now get louder and longer overrun and it's in every single gear (yes, even 6th) when I come off the gas in sport or sport+. Before I'd only get overrun/burbling in 2nd gear. I love it.

Pics and video below. The video doesn't really do it justice, as it's hard to tell the volume. Overall, I'm very happy with the outcome. If you're looking for just a little more volume and depth and a lot more overrun, this is the mod. It sounds like what a performance car should sound like stock.

Before:

After:

Well, this is great !! Congrats ! Sport midpipe at a fraction of the cost.

That's the way our cars should sound.

This proves the "sound problem" of the M240i it's the midpipe section with 2 resonators/silencers.
Appreciate 1