View Single Post
      11-22-2022, 04:19 AM   #257
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Perez may perceive the hiring of Ricciardo as 3rd driver for RBR as a real threat that he is required to provide maximum performance: if Perez underperforms in Spring 2023 (compared to Ricciardo test drive results) or makes a couple of mistakes during early 2023 race weekends, places 2-3 could be swapped mid-season.

Remember Kvyat in May 2016: abruptly replaced by Verstappen during the season (but that was also because Mercedes and Ferrari were entertaining the idea of hiring Verstappen for 2017 or later).
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/36206848.amp

Also on a personal level, Ricciardo and Verstappen get along very well.
Someone said that Ricciardo likes Max's oversteer set up too, if that's the case then if I were Max I would be slightly worried should Checo choose to leave and be replaced by Dan who, with no championships and his Monaco pit stop tire holdup with RB then the kick hole in wall out of frustration and with just a few GP wins could be a problem for him.
If I were Max I would probably have kept it to myself and let things continue as they are with a relatively easy run to a third championship only worrying about Ferrari but that's just my two cents.
Appreciate 2
NYG10571.50