View Single Post
      01-12-2015, 05:50 AM   #2
F22santiago
Banned
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue 6 Speed M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2msport View Post
Hey. I installed a k&n air filter. Just the filter not the intake. I've always been a fan of them and install them in every car I own. I've noticed that the intake sound does get a bit louder. All my cars are stick and the biggest advantage I notice is better throttle response. This is my first turbo car and it feels like the turbo builds up smoother. The engine overall just feels smoother. I'm assuming this is because of increased airflow. There's no doubt the airflow is higher. People will try and tell you you'll let in harmful debris and hurt the longevity of your engine. Show me proof. Actual proof of someone's engine being clogged up with oil and debris. You won't find it. Overall I definitely recommend the filter. Never had one single issue with them. Will it satisfy your craving for a more soulful 228..? Hm probably not. You'll need an exhaust for that. But it does help and won't hurt.
Thanks for the reply! Do you hear the turbo spooling up/increased blow off sound you would with an intake?
Appreciate 0