Thread: Building Zero
View Single Post
      11-10-2021, 01:24 PM   #56
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

It's been a fun ride, but I've sold this vehicle. I work from home now and my commutes rarely take me more than 3 miles away from home. When I do venture out I usually need my SUV, so my M235 just kinda sat there or wouldn't be driven very far.

I paid 43k in 2016 for the car. I sold it to CarMax this past weekend for $29,800. That's almost 3k over the current book value. I couldn't pass that up. I'm in the market for a new SUV and I wanted to go ahead and lock in that price while the market is still pretty stupid.

I'm looking to get the new Infiniti QX60 which is so new that dealers have just recently received allocations. All of which have been spoken for of course. I can't even submit a build order. I'm at the mercy of whatever a dealer happens to receive. Supposedly I can put in an order next month. This will be my second Infiniti. I'm not dead set on it though. I'm also in line to place a build order for a Telluride and I'm also looking into a Tesla Model Y.

I want to thank the forum for all of the help, advice, purchases, and entertainment. It's bitter sweet, but it's time to move on. I've driven Zero so infrequently over the last year and a half that I don't even really miss it. I felt bad for the car, so I'm hoping that it will go to someone that will drive it. It'll be fun to watch it go up on CarMax's site.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0