View Single Post
      05-07-2017, 12:20 AM   #244
zcspec
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911/Boxster/Model Y

I'll add my experience with VRSF's 6" Race IC (I'll call it R-IC) into the mix here. Today, I finally had a chance to install the R-IC. I went about removing my Wagner Evo 1 IC and performed pre-install test-fits. The R-IC I received WOULD NOT fit the VRSF CP I had previously installed on my EVO 1. I tested both R-IC inlets and neither would fit. From my prior install experience, I used a little grease on the inlets and the CP still would not fit. On my Evo 1, there was no fitment issues at all.

At this point, I was discouraged and had to figure out what the issue was. My examination revealed that the R-IC inlets were too large for the CP. I was not in a position to reinstall the Evo 1, report the issue to VRSF, then repeat the entire process again at a later time. I decided that I would have to shave down the inlets until the CP fit.

After about 45mins of shaving, test fitting, and replacing my dremel attachments several times, I finally had the CP fitting both inlets. I proceeded to complete the install which required the use of a hydraulic jack and an extra set of hands to get the R-IC up and into the stock location. Fitment was tight. Without removing the front shroud, the R-IC would not fit in. I choose not to remove the bumper and ended up trimming my shroud to allow the R-IC to fit. After several choice words, the installation of the R-IC was complete. Total time, 4 hours…

I will update my post after I log a few pulls. What I can attest from viewing initial values on my JB4 BT setup, IAT temps drop very quickly when you’re performing pulls.

Last edited by zcspec; 05-07-2017 at 02:33 PM..
Appreciate 1
Dylan861330.00