View Single Post
      05-22-2019, 10:46 AM   #1
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Anyone using AiM SOLO 2 DL for a lap timer/data logger?

Hi all,

Very interested in this product for an always-on lap timer solution on track days. I like how it has built-in GPS + accelerometer and can integrate with their (very expensive) purpose-built video camera and OBDII plug for ECU telemetry. Basically, I'm tired of fumbling with Harry's Lap Timer on my iPhone and forgetting to start the session or thinking I started it only to find out there were no lap times recorded after I'm done with a session. Rather than starting to invest in external GPS sensors, action cam, etc. for Harry's Lap Timer, I'd rather just invest in a dedicated solution that will always be mounted in front of me in my car and ready to go whether I remembered to take my phone with me or not. The SOLO 2 DL + SmartyCam supposedly starts recording lap times and logging data + recording video automatically just by entering the track and can all run on 1 power source being the OBDII connection to the car's ECU.

It sounds like a very well-integrated and convenient solution, but I'd like to hear about any personal experiences out there with running this setup.

Anyone care to share their experiences? Also, does anyone know if a supporting vendor offers the SOLO 2 DL at a decent discount over the typical online price of $699? It's an expensive setup, so if I can save some money with a discount, I'm all for that.

Thanks so much in advance!