View Single Post
      02-20-2015, 06:16 PM   #26
chaswyck1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i Valencia Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by den525 View Post
I'm having a dilemma... BMW just installed my front splitters, rear spoiler, pedals and black kidney grille...

Those parts I didn't mind getting BMW to do it as I found the price to be "fair" as it was "harder" to install and takes a little time and if I stuff up I can't change it but if they stuff up they have to fix it, however, the mirrors I don't think so, its a clip on part, and they want to charge an arm and a leg for the part and installation. AUD$600 for the pair + labour... while RW carbon can get 2 sets over for AUD$600 delivered.

MY ONLY worry is the carbon fibre... Does it match the rear spoiler? I don't want different colours as it might look strange.
You're right that installing the mirror caps is an easy DIY job. I certainly wouldn't pay BMW labor prices to have it done. I have the BMW OEM CF spoiler on my car but I couldn't bring myself to pay what they were asking for the CF mirror caps so I had them wrapper in CF vinyl. They don't match the spoiler (spoiler is perfectly smooth and shiny because of the multiple layers of clear coat), but I don't think they look "strange" at all mainly because they're so far away from each other that you're never looking at both at the same time. If they were two parts right next to each other I'd be much more concerned about them matching.
Appreciate 0