View Single Post
      11-17-2018, 08:28 AM   #5
x233
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M2C, M235xi

I currently have SottoZero II runflats in OEM staggered sizes on m235ix, since last season, and am mostly happy with them. Good all around winter tire. My conditions are mixed, mostly below freezing, sometimes a lot of ice, wet, dry, sometimes a lot of snow. I think I left a short review on here last season. Worked out better for me than SottoZero 3 and Michelin PA4 which I used previously on the same car. Well balanced handling-wise and dependable. I really liked SottoZero 3 but I think I lost 4 tires on potholes and such and that was why I switched to Michelin PA4 but, although slightly better traction-wise, I didn't like how the Michelins handled at all, making the car feel floaty and heavy at anything higher than the city speeds. SottoZero II answered my prayers and did better. The drawbacks, though, come from the fact they are runflats: less comfortable ride if overinflated and I got an impression they may be more likely to cause wheels damage (bent wheels) because they more readily transmit road impacts directly to the wheels.
Appreciate 0