View Single Post
      01-28-2018, 12:17 PM   #4
BarryJI
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i M Sport

Interesting review, thanks for posting. I did all these mods on my 228i (but did not install the tune myself). Different engine, obviously, but perhaps worthy of comparison.

Peak power/torque for the S1 tune in the 228 is 5500 RPM so you have to step on it to stir the car out of its refined manners but when you do, it really does pick up its skirts and hustle. I agree with you about both the suspension mods and the exhaust. The springs/bumps/Shockware combo has been more transformational for me than the tune; it makes the car's driving dynamics less genteel, with a much more immediate connection to the road, minimal body roll in any axis and a far better feel for traction. I also felt that before I did the suspension mods the car pushed and I hated that. With these mods, it takes corners under load much more like a proper sports car and with a lot less understeer I am no longer having to lift so much. All in all, this combo offers a really good compromise between strong performance and preserving the BMW's refined manners when you are not pushing it.

PS I chose not to mount the DINAN badge. I deleted the reflectors and like the less blingy, "stock plus" appearance of the car, especially with the tints, drop and 20mm spacers all round. On top of those, the badge would make the car look cheap, IMO.
Attached Images

2015 BMW 228i M Sport w/Track Handling Package
DAP | Lighting | Premium | Tech
DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner Stage 1 | DINAN Shockware | DINAN Free Flow Exhaust | DINAN Performance Spring Set + Ride Quality and Handling Kit
Appreciate 2