View Single Post
      06-23-2021, 12:04 PM   #1
ZGadson
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i

Wet Rear Floor & Foul Odor

Long story short, my car suddenly smells like what can only be described as a metric f*ckton of crusty gym socks and the rear carpet and floor mats on both sides are soaked.

Did some searching and what I've found is conflicting at best. The AC doesn't smell bad at all when it's running, so I don't think it's got anything to do with a moldy evaporator core. It seems that a clogged evap drain would result in wet carpet in the front floorboards as opposed to the rear, so I don't think evap drain tubes are clogged.

So what's confusing me is that I can see that water has actually been coming out of the vents on the back of the center console under the armrest. The carpet on the side of the center console is completely dry, so it would seem that water is somehow getting into the actual vent shafts and being blown out the rear vents.

But does AC condensation drainage in the rear floorboards explain the horrid smell that builds up in the car when it's parked?

I'm planning to tear into the center console tonight but could really use some guidance if anyone else has dealt with a similar issue.
Appreciate 0