View Single Post
      02-10-2021, 04:46 AM   #2
230iZTR
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Signal Orange wrapped 230i THP

Generally speaking, for performance applications you want to pick the correct width and offset first, then pick the lowest weight you can afford in that size.

Cast wheels are inexpensive and are usually just as heavy and soft as the stock OEM wheels. They can be a good change of style, but you won't gain much performance, so most people here don't bother with them.

Semi-forged (or rotary forged or flow-formed, etc...all trade words for the same thing) wheels from Apex, OZ, Forgestar, VMR, certain BBS, etc are popular here because they offer a good balance between light weight and low cost in wheels with the right width and offset for the 2er.

Moving up a notch to forged wheels from Apex Forged, Titan, BBS, BC Forged, Volk, etc further increases the strength and reduces weight at a higher cost point.

Looking at CM Wheels' website, I can't really tell how much any of them weigh or if they're cast or semi-forged. Several of their designs look like reproductions of well known wheels. If you're really pleased with the style, go for it, but otherwise I'd suggest saving a bit more for the lighter option from a more popular brand.
17x9 APEX Arc8-R, 255/40/17 RE71RS, Vorshlag Plates, Swift Spec-R Springs, m-Performance Bumpstops, Dinan ShockWare, Paragon 2-piece rotors, Carbon lip, custom 3" alumalite splitter, GTS wing, FTP Intake and Charge pipe, BootMod3 Stage 1 OTS
Appreciate 4