01-02-2020, 11:46 AM   #60
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by harkes View Post
Fantastic to see someone else relying on data instead of feel and assumption

I saw similar low oil pressure yesterday during straight line braking at the track. Engine was at medium oil level so this is frightening......IF it is even a problem?

Today on the street after getting a little bit of heat in the Cup2s I could also provoke ~25psi from hard braking. I added 0.5 liter - and again ~25psi... The stupid iDrive measured no difference in oil level after the first 0.5 so I added another 0.5. Guess what? I can still provoke low oil pressure Seems for me it is just the braking part, no need to add lateral force. Oh, and I have NO CLUE how much oil is in the engine really

Where are you now with your car? What route did you take?
You are CNM? Seems like you're also posting in my thread on the other forum? I installed an Accusump. I don't ever see dips below around 50psi. 3qt Accuusmp has the capacity to supplement oil pressure and keep it above 60psi for a few seconds.

It has been 2 seasons with the rebuilt engine. After this summer I'll probably do my rod bearings. I am sure they are still seeing wear and I'd rather do the job as insurance than spin a bearing. It's a relatively cheap job to diy just takes a lot of labor. Other than that, not much else I plan to do.
Appreciate 0