View Single Post
      11-06-2022, 09:40 AM   #5
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

Sometimes even when the horn is used, people just don't register it, or think it is being aimed at someone else.

At the beginning of the Covid epidemic I had just parked my car in a spot at the mall when someone in a Toyota Venza started backing out across the aisle. I thought he was getting a bit close, so hit the horn, but he still kept on coming until he hit the rear bumper left corner with a loud crunching sound and noticeable bump.

He looked at the mark on the bumper and claimed it looked like it would cost $50 to fix and refused to give me his drivers licence and insurance details (which is a required exchange of info in Alberta after a collision). I took a photo of his licence plate and videoed him ranting at me about me trying to pull an insurance scam, all the cops he knew and how he wasn't going to give me his details. I completed a police report and uploaded the video to the police website. The cop I talked to said he hadn't returned their calls after a week, but 2 weeks later suddenly his insurance company contacted mine saying he had admitted responsibility.

$2000 later the car was returned to as good as new condition.
Appreciate 1
qlaval52.50