View Single Post
      07-25-2018, 12:10 PM   #17
tennisfreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Under different circumstances I would say that you as the end user - cobbling together gear from different vendors - would shoulder most of the responsibility to perform DD. HOWEVER...

Bavsound and Bimmertech cater to a certain type of customer, a customer who is in general not well educated or knowledgeable about what they're buying. Pros do not buy from either company. Part of what they're selling is an idiot proof plug and play system for lay people. As such were I training their sales and support staff I would stress that customers - no offense to you personally - are dumb about this stuff and really don't know what the hell they are doing - so spoon feed shit to them like they're learning disabled and triple check every single thing because 5 more minutes on the phone is cheaper than causing problems for dummies.

I'm not saying they do this or think this way, but they should. I'd be more inclined to say you're on your own if you called and told them I want to run a JL amp will it be ok and they say yes, but since they sell the exact amp you bought they should know better. At least something along the lines of hey I bought your hifi speakers will the BT amp work, "you know what we don't sell it for your speakers. It may but we haven't tested it or have the right tune"
Exactly.

Here is a copy paste:

Me:
Quote:
I bought your speaker and sub upgrade for my 2018 BMW m240i. I noticed you dont sell an amplifier but I can buy one directly from bimmertech.
I need to know what wattage the speakers I bought from you will support.
BavSound:
Quote:
Hi Chris,

I don't have wattage info readily available but our speakers can easily handle the wattage from that Bimmertech amp. We actually sell that same amp everyday. We just don't carry it because we haven't personally tested it in your car. I'm 100% sure it will work but we just don't add it to our site until we've tested and created instructions etc.

Long story short, have no fear! Our Stage I will sound awesome with the Bimmertech amp : )
Appreciate 1