United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
tennisfreak : This is exactly it.

Plus, I'll add that you can't hold a company responsible for what it doesn't itself sell. Unless you obtained the DSP tune you used from BavSound, you can't hold it responsible for the performance of its speakers with a Bimmertech amp in a 2 Series. I explained why in another thread.
So normally I would agree with you but I think you are failing to read or understand what I have been saying.

I contacted BavSound directly and asked them if their speakers support the bimmertech amplifier.

They responded directly with yes their speakers could handle it, have no worries, it will sound great.

Then the following week they tell me (after I purchased a nonreturnable apmplifier) that the previous person FROM BAVSOUND was wrong and I was SOL.

So yes I hold BavSound directly responsible for giving me misinformation.
And no this is not unreasonable in any way.
Under different circumstances I would say that you as the end user - cobbling together gear from different vendors - would shoulder most of the responsibility to perform DD. HOWEVER...

Bavsound and Bimmertech cater to a certain type of customer, a customer who is in general not well educated or knowledgeable about what they're buying. Pros do not buy from either company. Part of what they're selling is an idiot proof plug and play system for lay people. As such were I training their sales and support staff I would stress that customers - no offense to you personally - are dumb about this stuff and really don't know what the hell they are doing - so spoon feed shit to them like they're learning disabled and triple check every single thing because 5 more minutes on the phone is cheaper than causing problems for dummies.

I'm not saying they do this or think this way, but they should. I'd be more inclined to say you're on your own if you called and told them I want to run a JL amp will it be ok and they say yes, but since they sell the exact amp you bought they should know better. At least something along the lines of hey I bought your hifi speakers will the BT amp work, "you know what we don't sell it for your speakers. It may but we haven't tested it or have the right tune"
Appreciate 0