View Single Post
      07-24-2018, 08:54 AM   #2
tennisfreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

I do not recommend doing business with bavsound. Yes the speakers sound great but I don't like how they operate or treat their customers.

I have the bavsound speakers (full stage 1) on my hifi bmw and I also bought the bimmertech amplifier.

The tune bimmertech provided for my "hifi" system sounded like garbage. I have since had a friend (who is very knowledgeable in car audio and tuning) help me setup a baseline tune and it sounds much better. We have not even tweaked it yet but it still sounds worlds better than the tune provided by bimmertech.

Furthermore bavsound told me their speaker warranty is voided because I am using the bimmertech amp and that the speakers are not designed to handle that much power (yet they refuse to provide me any specifications on what they can handle despite multiple requests).

There is a thread I created but long story short they initially told me that I could buy the bimmertech amplifier no problem and the speakers could handle power just fine. Then the following weak, after I had already purchased unreturnable amplifier, when I ask them if they have a tune available a different support person says that the speakers cannot handle the amplifier and my warranty is void. This customer rep tells me the previous rep was "filling in for him" and incorrect.
Well bimmertech does not accept returns so what was I supposed to do with my $900?????
This is why I say dont do business with bavsound.

Last edited by tennisfreak; 07-24-2018 at 09:05 AM..
Appreciate 0