View Single Post
      01-21-2014, 06:39 AM   #230
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep
Drives: fat cars are still boats
Location: compensating a fat car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up.

Quote:
Caterham: Kobayashi & Ericsson named as drivers for 2014

Caterham have signed Kamui Kobayashi and Marcus Ericsson as the team's race drivers for the 2014 Formula 1 season.

Japanese driver Kobayashi returns to the grid having been forced to sit out 2013 after losing his Sauber drive, while Swede Ericsson steps up from GP2.

Kobayashi said: "I'm very happy to be back in F1. This opportunity is very important. Hopefully we can enjoy a good season."

The Leafield-based team announcement completes the line-up for this season.

The 2014 season begins on 14 March in Melbourne, Australia.

"This is a very proud day for me and everyone who has helped make my F1 dream come true," said Ericsson.

"I'm already excited about the season ahead, and the first race in Australia in particular."

Kobayashi made his F1 debut in 2009 driving for Toyota before joining Sauber in 2010, but he was not retained for 2013 by the Swiss-based team.

"I'm delighted that we've been able to bring Kamui back," said Caterham team principal Cyril Abiteboul.

"He is a very popular driver and it's very good for the whole team we've been able to attract such an exciting driver to join us at a critical point in our development.

"His pace speaks for itself, and his extensive experience of developing cars, particularly in his years with Toyota, will be incredibly important for us as we tackle one of the most challenging seasons F1 has ever embarked upon."

This really made my day, it was something that I was waiting for since long, long time ago. Caterham came last in the grid in 2013 but I think they will improve this year with the new rules and Kobayashi's help.

Albeit it's not Ferrari, I could not wish a happier combination than the one between a brand, Caterham, whose trademark is super lightweight cars manufacturing and Kobayashi today's most spectacular F1 driver.

I'm sorry for this off-topic, but I'm really happy that fans still can have a word to say in this whole 'money jungle'... I'm really, really happy and I'm looking forward for this year's F1 championship.

Thank you Caterham, you really know how to provide utterly FUN:

Appreciate 0