10-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #89
jackmcclane
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola.ZHP View Post
Shucks! I hope they change their mind, next 2er platform is at least 5 years out? More? Until then low-end luxury buyers will be buying the heck out of the cheap CLA and A3 sedan.

I guess only time will tell, I'm not due for another car until 2018, was hoping to find an off-lease (36 month old) 2015 M235i GC somewhere early 2018.

I guess that pushes me towards spending more cash on my ZHP (always planned to keep it) and finding a nice CPO SAV(x3)/SAC(x4) in 2018 for a DD.

Haha, thanks! I've used this observation a few times now, f30, f32, f10, etc. I should save it somewhere on my computer to copy and paste more easily. I think I said it better before, but don't quite remember how I worded it. Sometimes I find it comical, other times I find it frustrating. With most things in life, I try to keep an open mind and welcome change as change = progress (most of the time).
And why do you believe him? I'm pretty sure there will be one, since Scott mentioned it and there is a Mercedes and Audi competitor on the market. I also can't say that for sure, but I think there's definitely a market for one and BMW (should) know that.
I am waitin' for the M2 Gran Coupé, and I believe there will be a 2 series Gran Coupé and a M2 and M2 GC. The M2 is a must, since there was a very successful 1M. It would be absolutely unlogical when the M235i would be the top-model of the 2 series.

FWD will come for 1 series generation after the current one (F2X), and we don't know yet what will happen to the next 2 series after the current one (F2X). Maybe it will be based on the 1 series platform like the current one and go FWD, or it will be based on the 3 series platform and go RWD.

Last edited by jackmcclane; 10-20-2013 at 01:12 PM..
Appreciate 0