08-16-2020, 10:40 PM   #3
M235SDCA
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M235 Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
Very rarely you find newer BMW with a leaking MC, but it can happen. Can you verify that it is brake fluid?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
Very rarely you find newer BMW with a leaking MC, but it can happen. Can you verify that it is brake fluid?
Ok, so dealer looked and said no it is not brake fluid but something else. Maybe some kind of other lubricant? Basically dealer did not know what it was but it wasn't the MC. Kind of odd as I bought the car new and only had it serviced at a few dealers for the included service and never had to touch the MC. Made a number of mods to the car but nothing in that area.

So not sure what it is. Actually as long as it is not the MC / brake booster I'm fine. Leaking MC would have been a first for me over 5 BMWs, so thanks for confirming this is indeed not common.

What really got me was the claim that because I had stainless brake lines that was the issue and they weren't going to go further. Didn't seem like it would be related but oh well I paid the one hour of tech time. The dealers probably have things like this happen all the time with modded cars and need to take a position so they don't bleed out on every warranty type claim.