View Single Post
      07-05-2017, 04:59 PM   #3
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMTwoYou View Post
I have an stock STI hatchback that has served me very well for the past 8 years. It was the perfect 1 car to do everything while still being fun.

However, time moves on, my 2 kids are now able to get into the car themselves (so 2+2 coupes are now back on the table) and I'm going to go to a 2 car setup.

The 228i 6MT with track handling pack is at the top of my list for fun daily commuter car that can also handle canyon duty if/when I'm working on my TBD dedicated fun car.

Just curious if any of you have made the transition from STI to 228 and had perspective to offer up. Finding a 228 spec'd with 6MT and the track pack to test out seems rarer than I had hoped.

I'm a fan of smaller cars in general, but need 4 seats these days. For context my previous cars from recent to oldest have been: S2000, bugeye WRX, Sentra SE-R so this would be my first German car.

Thoughts?
I assume you're referring to the Subaru WRX STI? If so, I'm thinking you're going to take a hit in horsepower - something like a drop from 300 HP to 240 HP?

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0