03-17-2015, 01:00 AM   #10
ddmyte
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i

Real Reason AC has a mind of it's own

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerbuff View Post
I'm in the US and this happens to me. I turn the A/C off before exiting the car. When I return the A/C is still off (no green light above the A/C button) but the car blows cold air for a few miles.

It's still winter here, but last summer more than once I got in the car at the end of the work day, was greeted by cold air (even with the A/C supposedly off), and drove off. A few miles later I was wondering why it was so hot in the car before realizing that the A/C was off.

No clue why it happens.
Hi, I've finally got it in writing as to why the AC has a mind of it's own. It's not something BMW want anyone to know about (otherwise it would be in the AC part of their manual as a wonderful idea). They are basically giving us believable BS as to why the AC comes on. The real issue is they did a software upgrade that caused the issue and they don't want to fix it. Their secret system states what needs to be advised to their customers so we don't get up in arms. I only wanted to know the real reason as it was obviously BS. It's not worth the time and hassle to push further so I'll live with it.
Appreciate 0