View Single Post
      12-20-2019, 01:58 PM   #32
Mullins
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i EB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullins View Post
A week later, after having my gaskets replaced, my coolant tank is back to being brown. Not sure if this could be residual, or if something worse/else is going on... I really hope BMW Service covers this.

Edit: Turned out it was just residual oil, but a significant amount. They flushed the system 3 more times with test drives/run time between to get more out. I wouldn't be surprised if more shows up over time, considering I'm not really sure how long it was contaminated for. Thankfully this was covered by the original service.
Less than 1 month after the 2nd round of flushes, my car had "low coolant" alarm again. Went to look into the tank, but the cap broke off. Apparently it's a 2-piece cap. Took it to dealer to have them replace it, and after they pulled the plug part out, more oil was present in the tank. Let's hope the 3rd round of service solves it... The service tech was saying "it's really hard to get all the oil out". I wonder if they are actually doing a detergent flush, or just trying to rinse it out with water or something...
Appreciate 0