Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: m235i

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by msendit View Post
Bringing this thread up from the dead. Anthony235 's time is a solid benchmark for Big Willow, especially at stockish power.

I ran a high 1:36 there this weekend. There's still full seconds to gain in T8-9, where small changes get amplified at the crazy speeds. And maybe another second or so cleaning up braking into T1 and T2 and letting the tail wag a little more through 2.

They've just repaved most of the track, I think we were the first cars to run on it. It does feel a bit smoother at the back section, but unfortunately the washboards at T8-9 are just as bumpy as ever.
I'm not sure of you setup, but here are my thoughts on your run (which was a very clean run). Also I watched your video without sound so I'm relying on your data overlay for throttle inputs (and MPH).

- Your line looks good overall.

- Looks like you apex'd a little early for T9. But you're carrying good speed through T8-9 (I'm cautious about telling people to go faster through there )

- Based on the speed you're carrying through T8-9 I think you could carry more speed through the T2 (not much, but 3-5mph is a big deal there since it's such a big sweeper).

- Coming down the back side of T4 (down Omega) you can stay on the throttle longer before braking for T5. As long as your brakes and tires are up for it.

- T6 should be done at full throttle for most cars. Dependent on HP and tire, but I've only ever lifted there in the rain.

Either way that's a clean run! Congrats!

Here is my old EvoX run with a data overlay for comparison. The Evo has more aero (big GT wing and big canards), but runs a similar time as my m235 did.
m235 is about 10mph faster through T8, I chalk that up to better tires and suspension compared to my Evo. Plus the m235 walks the Evo on the straights. Evo made up the difference in braking and weight though.

Appreciate 1
msendit424.00