04-29-2019, 09:17 PM   #8
jondagger
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe240 View Post
Only mentioned driving dynamics and stuff because they asked why I made the switch. Agreed more in depth is meant for another thread though.

As far as front figment, et42 is probably the closest recommended. You can see in my picture that the feelers touch the strut here. Again this being factory suspension, adding camber could allow people to run et45 potentially. After mounting the wheel with spacer to make et42, I took the 2nd 3mm spacer and tried to slide it between the wheel and strut and it was not happening. Definitely less than 3mm clearance at et42 with 235 wheels. I never had any rubbing though with this and I did full lock both directions, hard corners, and hard braking to compress the suspension.

I saw that same thread of someone running over 50 offset with spacers in the rear as well. Why I wanted the et50 VMRs. Couldn't find any wheels over 50 offset though that I liked.
Hey Joe.

What's the setup look like on the opposite end?

My friend is running 245s in the fronts with -2.8 camber and on some Vorsteiners we could not get offsets parameters of ... wondering how much farther out I can go to open the door for 245s... maybe et37/38?

I'm leaning towards et40 front and et50 rears.. maybe 51 rears for the hell of it , custom set... opening that front 245 door would be ideal though, for that m2 tire setup.
Appreciate 0